We are looking for a Lead Developer to join our expanding development team. This is a newly created role offering the perfect blend of both management, and hands-on development.
As the team lead your role will be a mix of driving best practice & mentoring the development team. Day to day responsibilities will be split between management and hands-on development, so you should expect to still get your hands dirty with code!
We are looking for someone who appreciates & enjoys a technical challenge and has a love for problem solving.
The best part is that it offers the challenge to work on a software product with relevant, real world benefits. Some of the high-profile projects in Australia that have used 12d Synergy to manage their data and processes include NorthConnex and WestConnex in NSW, and the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing in Queensland.
What We Do & Who We Are
12d Synergy is a new and exciting, fast-growing Australian-based SaaS and on-premises software company. We create data management and project collaboration software for the architectural, engineering and construction industry.
Our software manages the mountains of emails, documents and data created around some of Australia and New Zealand’s most complex and awe-inspiring infrastructure projects, such as Sydney’s NorthConnex.
We have a thriving and extremely loyal international customer base of 5000+ users, which you will help to support and grow.
Why You Should Apply
At the heart of 12d Synergy is a young and vibrant, positivity-driven culture that makes us an awesome place to work. We’re searching for people who want to be a part of this culture.
We’re a fun, supportive, open and family-friendly company, driven by the vision of transforming the lives of our customers with incredible software.
You will work in a brand-new office space, located in Frenchs Forest on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, that offers an open and collaborative working environment. We have a café in the building, a gym and childcare next door and lots of public transport and parking options. You can work and live locally, enjoying the wonders of driving to work against the Sydney peak hour traffic.
So, how can this role get any better you ask? 12d Synergy is a server application for Windows environments, with an installed thick client, and a web and mobile client under development. We have an existing product; so, you definitely aren’t being asked to achieve the impossible!
• Working on design and development of new features in line with the product roadmap
• Mentoring and assisting the development team
• Encouraging best engineering practice for the development team
• Participate in code review
• Planning sprints based on the product roadmap
• Helping to choose appropriate technologies to deliver the product roadmap
• Working on maintenance and resolving customer issues
• Liaising with the support team and dealing with escalated issues from customers
Must Have Soft Skills
• Great communication skills
• Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
• Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences in written and verbal form
• Previous experiencing in managing a small team of developers
Must Have Technical Skills
• Computer Science degree or similar qualification
• At least 7 years’ experience with C#, with a good mix of backend and frontend development
• Good SQL knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience with git
• Experience with testing frameworks
• Good technical documentation skills
• Great at problem solving
• Experience designing and developing client/server applications
• Experience with Angular
• Experience with Microsoft Azure
• WCF experience
To apply you must currently be a permanent Australian resident, living in Australia. You must send a cover letter with your CV.
We would love to see any previous examples of your work that you might have available, so feel free to share any GitHub or Bitbucket repos that you feel might be relevant.